How to Stop Worrying
Do “If only’s” and “Won’t it be great when’s” keep you from getting things done?
Does worry disrupt your sleep?
Cause muscle tension in parts of your body?
Make it difficult for you to make decisions?
As long as we are living, we will experience fear, doubt and worry. Every day we can become better and better at mastering our thoughts and feelings around these emotions. While it does take practice, we can take heart in knowing that we are far more powerful, and contain more potential than any circumstance, situation or condition.
We are not the problem. Rather, we are the solutions. To find the answers, we must clean out the garbage, and hit the reset button.
Following this 7 point simple process to overcome worry can help us do just that.
When you feel worried:
- Notice it - What is causing me angst right now?
- Name it - Give it a name and tell it “I’ll talk with you in three days.”
- Ask it - If it is not a specific circumstance:
- Are you happening right now?
- Do I want it to happen?
- Sequester it - Keep it from affecting you today.
- Shine Truth upon it - Even if you did happen, I trust myself to handle it.
- Take it to zero - State: You have no power over me now.
- Thank it - Then take an action step in service of your dream.
I invite you to try this and see how it works for you.
Vibrant Living Tip
Everyday this week, take an inventory of your stress level. Your worry level. If the worry is keeping you from accomplishing your goals, use the 7 step process.
Vibrant Living Take Away
Each day can be more vibrant and less worrisome by noticing, processing (the 7 steps) and taking action.
Until next time... Live Vibrantly!
Sign up for a Step into Success Call
A complimentary 60 minute session where you will discover clarity around achieving your goal.
Leave a Comment