Many people come to me looking for their purpose.
There are many reasons for this search.
Most of the time it’s because something happened.
Things change to cause someone to reexamine how they will spend the rest of their days.
They feel like they lost their purpose.
Or maybe never really realized it.
Then there are those who know their purpose and haven’t been able to realize it yet.
Vibrant Living Tip
I found an article by Kevin Wood on lifehack.org that poses some great questions. I like what he says and it goes right along with how I coach people.
Ask these questions and see what comes up for you…
“The Soul-Baring Questions
- If you had all the money in the world, how would you spend your time?
- What would your perfect day look like? Describe every detail.
- What activities set your soul on fire?
Don’t be afraid to dive deep with these questions, and write down whatever comes to mind.”
Then he added another set of questions…
“Connect With Your Inner Child
- What brought you immense joy as a kid?
- What were you doing when you lost track of time?
- What did your parents have to drag you away from?
- What did you love deep down before the world told you to get practical?
Once again, keep your mind in an open place when finding your purpose. If you’re having trouble, it may help to look at a picture of yourself when you were younger, or grab an old stuffed animal or other item that sends you back into the memory banks.”
In invite you to spend some time with these questions. And have fun with it. Be curious and notice. Treat every answer you receive as a possibility.
Vibrant Living Take Away
Your purpose is there. Allow it to reveal itself to you.
Until next time...
P.S. Need more specific help living your purpose? Contact me by clicking here.